Internetstones.Com Forums

News

• Dear Sirs,
    This is to inform you that the excellent article you have posted regarding Mary Todd Lincoln's seed pearl jewelry contains a photograph of "Young Mary Todd" that is not, in fact, her. It is a photo of President James Buchanan's niece Harriet Lane Johnson who acted as "First Lady" during his administration. I am a student of Mary Todd Lincoln history and was surprised that I had never seen this beautiful photograph of her anywhere else...and now I know why. Your article was very interesting, but an alternate photograph would be appreciated. Sincerely, Scarletglory

post-gazette.com/life/lifestyl…cene/stories/200612050130
  • The following comments were made by our readers at the end of our blog webpage on the "World's Largest Star Rose Quartz - Michael Scott Collection"

Stanley Tan
    February 7, 2010 at 7:01 am
    Hi, I am from Malaysia. Recently, I discovered a rare gemstone from our State.The hardness of the stone is 7.5 to 7.8. However, our local lab has named it as a carnelian. But, I checked the internet and I found that there are no records of our country having this type of gemstone. Please I need your comment.Thank you.

Suhail
    February 18, 2010 at 3:52 am

Wow what an excellent article !!!
  • A comprehensive series of web articles relating to the Iranian Crown Jewels were published in the internetstones.com blog pages beginning from January 27, 2008. The main source of information for these articles was Dr. Victor E. Meen's book "Crown Jewels of Iran" and also other sources such as The Encyclopaedia Britannica, A.J. Arberry's book "The Legacy of Persia," Percy Sykes book "A History of Persia" as well as many informative articles from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The articles were all original, painstakingly written by us, and not plagiarized from any source. The images however, were extracted from Dr. Vicor E. Meen's book, "The Crown Jewels of Iran." These articles were published under the following headings :-
    1) The Three Crowns of the Iranian Crown Jewels - published January 27, 2008. - one comment
    2) Tiaras of the Iranian Crown Jewels - published January 29, 2008. - one comment
    3) Swords, Daggers and Shields of the Iranian Crown Jewels - published January 30,
  • Hello,
    I currently work for a documentary for Van Cleef & Arpels and I try to locate the source of the 2 photos you use of Barbara Hutton :
    1. Barbara Hutton wearing the Queen Amelie of Portugal Ruby Necklace
    2. Barbara Hutton wearing the queen Amelie of Portugal Ruby Necklace converted to a tiara and the double-stranded golden yellow Japanese Pearl Necklace

I thank you in advance for your help,

S. Nadeau
  • The 422.99-carat Logan Blue Sapphire in its special brooch setting donated in 1960 to the National Museum of Natural history of the Smithsonian Institution by Mrs John A. Logan, is the heaviest mounted gem in the National Gem Collection, and undoubtedly one of the most popular exhibits in the Janet Annenberg Hooker Hall of Geology, Gems & Minerals of the NMNH of the Smithsonian Institution. A dedicated webpage on the Logan Blue Sapphire in the jewelry blog of internetstones.com published on March 10, 2008, is one of the most visited webpages of our extensive website, providing information on diamonds, pearls, colored stones, and minerals. The last paragraph of this webpage with the sub-title "Mrs John A. Logan" reads as follows :-
    The above account of the “Logan Blue Sapphire” is not complete without a brief biography of Mrs. John A. Logan, who donated the renowned sapphire to the Smithsonian Institution. Attempts to find more details of Mrs. Logan had proved somewhat difficult.

Recent Activities

AnitaP -

Liked russellmark85’s post in the thread Chariote Pendant.

Like (Post)
    This Chariote Pendant is Seems Good.

russellmark85 -

Replied to the thread Chariote Pendant.

AnitaP -

Replied to the thread World's Largest Star Rose Quartz - Michael Scott Collection.

The most stunning pieces in the Michael Scott Collection are without any doubt the numerous carvings and sculptures which he acquired from the renowned gem-carving villages of Idar-Oberstein in Germany, where the ancient tradition of gem-carving is

Lareef -

Replied to the thread World's Largest Star Rose Quartz - Michael Scott Collection.

Thank you Sunil for enlightening us on the legend of the King Cobra and the Naga Mani.

sunil -

The legend related to the "Ceylon Sin Flower" is quite interesting; but the "Sapphire Cobra Setting" depicting a 64-carat, oval-cut, cornflower blue, Sri Lanka blue sapphire guarded by a solid-gold cobra, whose image has been uploaded by Afrojack, is

Lareef -

Replied to the thread Hill's Kashmir Sapphire.

Thanks AnitaP for all the trouble you have taken in fishing out this valuable information about blue sapphires that appeared at Sotheby's Geneva Magnificent Jewels Sale held on May 14, 2013. The images you have uploaded are indeed very stunning and give

AnitaP -

Sotheby's Geneva Magnificent Jewels Sale held on May 14, 2013, featured seven blue sapphires from the main sources countries Ceylon,Burma and Kashmir, set mainly in rings and at least one set as the centerpiece of a brooch. At least one of these blue

Lareef -

In the list of blue sapphires registering very high whole-stone prices, all the blue sapphires listed had recorded prices above dollars three million. None of the three Kashmir blue sapphires mentioned by AnitaP come within this range, and hence will not…

Lareef -

Thanks AnitaP for your update. The images of the Kashmir blue sapphires you uploaded are indeed very stunning. In the light of the information provided by you, I am trying to figure out whether the lists provided earlier needs further revision. You have…
Copyright © 2005- 2014 .Internet Stones.COM. All rights reserved.