Details of some Chrysoberyl cat's-eyes that appeared at the Tiancheng International Jewelry and Jadeite Spring and Autumn Auctions 2014, and Sotheby's Hong Kong Fine Jewels and Jadeite sale November 2014 are given below. These Chrysoberyl cat's-eyes have varying colors such as yellowish-green,, greenish-yellow and honey-colored/golden-yellow/golden brown color. The images of these Chrysoberyl cat's-eyes are also given.
Tiancheng International Jewellery and Jadeite Spring Auction 2014 held on June 8, 2014
1) Lot 231 - VERY IMPORTANT CAT’S-EYE CHRYSOBERYL ‘DOUBLE DRAGON’ RING - Centerpiece of the 18k yellow-gold ring carved with dragon motifs, is a 77.01-carat, round cabochon-cut, cat's-eye chrysoberyl of Sri Lanka origin, with a blend of colors producing the "milk and honey" effect. Accompanied by a GGL report certifying that the cat's-eye is of Sri Lanka origin, with no indications of heating. Estimate US$695,000 - 820,000. Lot sold for US$821,000.
Tiancheng International Jewellery and Jadeite Autumn Auction 2014 held on 7 December 2014
1) Lot 51 - CAT'S-EYE CHRYSOBERYL AND DIAMOND RING, CATHERINE SAUVAGE - Centerpiece of the 18k yellow-gold ring is a 11.24-carat, round cabochon-cut, greenish-yellow cat's-eye chrysoberyl of Sri Lanka origin. Accompanied by GRS report certifying the Sri Lanka origin of the cat's-eye with no indications of treatment. Estimate US$10,000-15,000. Lot sold at US$14,450.
2) Lot 80 - CAT'S-EYE CHRYSOBERYL AND DIAMOND RING, "THE GOLDEN GLOBE" - Centerpiece of the 18k white-gold ring is a 50.40-carat, round cabochon-cut, yellowish-green catseye chrysoberyl of Sri Lanka origin with exceptional transparency, and straight, very pronounced chatoyancy . Accompanied by three lab reports by GGL, GRS and Dunaigre certifying that the catseye is of Sri Lanka origin with no indications of heating. Estimate US$385,000 to 520,000. Lot sold at - US$456,000.
Sotheby's Hong Kong Fine Jewels and Jadeite sale November 27, 2014
1) Lot 1432 - CAT'S-EYE CHRYSOBERYL AND DIAMOND RING - Centerpiece of the 18k white-gold ring is a 9.17-carat, honey-colored cat's-eye chrysoberyl of Sri lanka origin, highlighted by a pear-shaped diamond surround. GRS reports certify the natural Sri Lanka origin of the stone with no indications of heating. Estimate USD 12,900-19,300. Lot sold for US$24,000
2) Sotheby's Hong Kong Jewels and Jadeite sale April 2011 - Lot 1749 - CAT'S-EYE CHRYSOBERYL AND DIAMOND RING. Centerpiece of the ring is a 20.14-carat, oval cabochon-cut, yellowish-green, cat's-eye chrysoberyl with an exceptional degree of transparency and well-centered, straight, and very-pronounced chatoyancy. Accompanied by GGL report certifying the natural origin of the stone. Country of origin not given. Estimate USD 87,000-100,000. Lot sold for USD 120,000. Cat's-Eye chrysoberyl photographed unmounted.